Shelby County Clerk's Office - Alabama
Thursday, October 29, 2020
Skip Navigation Links.
Main Page
2020 Court Calendar
2021 Court Calendar
Mary H. Harris, Circuit Clerk
Deputy Clerk
E-filing Information
Pro Se Alafile Registration
Absentee Voting
Passport Information
Records Request
Small Claims
District Civil
Circuit Civil
Domestic Relations
Child Support
Petition for Protection from Abuse
Traffic Court
District Criminal
Circuit Criminal
Phone Directory for Court System
Court Calendar / News
Employment Procedures
Need an Attorney?
Child Support

Click here for the phone directory

General contact information is available below for the Alabama Central Disbursement Division (ACDD) and Shelby County's DHR center.

Alabama Central Disbursement Division
Department of Human Resources

P.O. Box 4960
Montgomery, AL 36103-4960

Phone: 1-877-774-9513
Voice Response: 1-888-726-9799
Fax: (334) 954-5181
P.O. Box 1096
Columbiana, AL 35051
Phone: (205) 669-3000

Child Support Payments (payments are not collected through the clerk's office unless court order states that it is to be paid to the clerk's office)

Please contact the child support payment center @ 1-877-774-9513 for any questions you have about how to have your payment properly credited, check status of a payment or to obtain payment history.

Alabama Child Support Payment Center (ACSPC)
P.O. Box 244015
Montgomery, AL 36124-4015

Child Support Court is, on an average, scheduled on 2 Thursdays of each month. These dates differ each month.

Once a case is filed, it takes an average of two weeks to be processed. It is given a case number, assigned a court date and issued for service on the defendant. The defendant must be served the paperwork before the case can proceed. Both parties will need to bring documents and be prepared to give testimony to back up your side of the case.

If you are being represented by the Department of Human Resources, you will need to stay in contact with your case worker regarding your case. All notices regarding your case will be mailed to your case worker. If you are represented by a private attorney, you will need to stay in contact with him/her regarding your case. At this time our office staff is severely understaffed. Our staff has been cut from 22 to 14 employees. Time that should be spent on processing your paperwork is spent on phone calls that should be directed to a case worker or an attorney. By law, we cannot give legal advice. If you need an attorney, you can contact one of the organizations listed.

To change your address for child support payments, you must complete and mail a Change of Address form ( Change of Address and/or Name). We do not accept this information by phone.

Employment Changes

For DHR Cases:

If the custodial party has retained child support enforcement at DHR, you will need to notify the case worker if there is an employment change and a new income withholding order needs to be issued. They will send one from their office.

For Private Cases (Non DHR):

Complete and return to the clerk's office a change of employment form and request for service ( A Notice of Change in Defendant's Employment and Request for Service) as well as a new income withholding order ( Income Withholding for Support). Include physical address of the employer. If the address is out of state or is a P.O. Box, you will need to prepare cerified mail receipts and include a check or money order (payable to the U.S. Postmaster) for $6.95 certified mail fees.

Termination of income withholding once all children have reached the age of majority (19) or are no longer subject to withholding because of death, marriage, or otherwise becoming emancipated.

You can terminate the income withholding order (IWO) for child support, if no arrearage is owed. Complete and return to the clerk's office an affidavit for termination of IWO. ( Affidavit for Termination of Withholding Order for Support). Along with the affidavit, you will need a separate sheet of paper with both party's current address and the employer's current address. Filing fee is $28.00. Payment may be made by cash, cashier's check, or money order payable to Mary Harris, Clerk. The process will take at least 30 days due to the fact the person receiving support has to be notified and has 20 days to object to the order being terminated. If there is an objection, it will be set for hearing.

Required Child Support Forms

Email Mary
Just One Look
Email the webmaster